Rebates + Water Savings = Money In Your Pocket!
Rebates are available for purchase of the following Qualifying Devices when funding is available. The rebate amount may not exceed the actual coast of the Qualifying Device. Specific terms and conditions apply. For more info CLICK HERE
Please allow 12 weeks for your rebate check to be mailed
Monterey Peninsula Water Conservation Rebate Application
|High Efficiency Toilet
Fixture must have an average flush of 1.28 gallons and be labeled by the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency’s WaterSense program.
|Ultra-High Efficiency Toilet
Fixture must have an average flush of 0.8 gallons and be labeled by the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency’s WaterSense program.
For ultra-low flush, high efficiency or ultra-high efficiency toilets
|High Efficiency Residential Dishwasher
Must be designed to use a maximum of 3.5 gallons per cycle
|High Efficiency Residential Clothes Washer
Must have a water factor of 4.3 or less
|Second or Subsequent Rebate for High Efficiency Clothes Washer
Rebate available after 8 years from purchase date of previously rebated machine
|Instant-Access Hot Water System
Per Qualifying Property
Hot water must reach point of source in 10 seconds
|On Demand Pump or Point of Source Water Heater
As part of an Instant-Access Water System
Per component to a maximum of two (2) per Qualifying Property
|Weather Based or Soil Sensor Based Irrigation Controller with Four Stations
Additional $10 available per station up to twenty (20) stations
|Smart Flow Meter||$200
|Soil Sensor Attached to an Irrigation System Controller||$25|
|One or More Soil Moisture Sensor(s)
On a conventional automatic irrigation System
|Cistern Water Tanks
$50 per 50 gallons of water storage capacity (up to 500 gallons) in a Cistern, then $25 per 100 gallons of water storage capacity up to a maximum storage capacity of 25,000 gallons per Qualifying Property
Sites must have sufficient roof area to fill Cistern and may require an inspection
Cash for Grass
There are also generous rebates available for converting that thirsty lawn into a drought tolerant landscape. Our Cash for Grass program is the perfect way to save money and water while creating a beautiful yard at your home.
Lawn removal and replacement with low water use plants or permeable surfaces:
- $1.00 per square-foot to a maximum of 2,500 square-feet per Qualifying Property
- DO NOT Remove Lawn Until You Have Been Pre-Qualified
Terms and Conditions
- Eligible Lawns must be green, regularly maintained at a low even height, irrigated regularly, and well taken care of. Dead Lawns or Lawns already removed prior to the time of the complete application are not eligible for Rebate.
- A minimum of 250 square-feet of Lawn must be removed.
- Water records from the water company must demonstrate regular cyclical water use indicative of seasonal Landscape irrigation within the past two years.
- Lawn must be replaced with low water use plants or permeable surfaces (mulch, decomposed granite, Synthetic Turf, etc.). Concrete and grouted pavers do not qualify.
- Lawn must not be relocated to a different area of the site.
- If converted area is irrigated, a drip Irrigation System must be installed. Overhead irrigation is not permitted.
- Planted areas must have at least a three-inch layer of mulch-no bare soil surfaces permitted.
- Property owner must agree to a deed restriction, which is recorded on the property title. The deed restriction disallows re-installation of the Lawn anywhere on the Site within a period of 15 years or the Rebate and additional associated costs must be repaid to the District.
- Site must be in compliance with District Rules and Regulations and/or conditions attached to District Water Permits for application to be deemed complete.
For additional information on this program please visit the MPWMD’s Landscape Rebate Page by CLICKING HERE